Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Finding It Difficult To Keep Doctors' Appointment?

Graphic provided by https://freelanceblogmaker.blogspot.com/

I had missed my OBGYN's appointment today.... I worked till very late last night and I had just missed my phone's alarm clock to not make it to the first appointment in the morning that I had long scheduled a month ago.  I picked this early time in the morning because I was unable to get my appointment at another time. Yes, my OBGYN is this booked!  Now I have to wait another month to see her.   This is not a big deal, you may say... But before my OBGYN's appointment, I also missed appointments with  my dentist and  my Dermatologist.

I feel bad for being a no-show, in a sense that I can't even keep up with a doctor's appointment now?  I've been feeling overwhelmed and I've been experiencing anxiety over a lot of things.  I had no idea when I started to have a problem with anxiety. May be when my patio is overgrown with weed.  I  never admitted I had anxiety. But now, I think I am seeing a problem.  No, I didn't miss my doctors appointments because I was too anxious to see my doctors.  It was because I was so exhausted doing everything else and I was so overwhelmed by life that I just missed my doctors' appointments.  Missing my doctors' appointments is just the consequence of me feeling anxious about other things in my life.

My becoming a no-show with my doctors makes me feel like a failure.  I know I shouldn't call myself this but what should I call it when I fail to even keep my doctors' appointments?  How do I pull myself together?  I already input all my doctors' appointments into my phone's calendar which I also added alerts.  My phone's calendar allows me to add a maximum 2 alerts per appointment.  I always max out the alerts allowed!   But still, I missed my doctors' appointment.  Now  I need to start doing something to at least help myself keep the next upcoming appointment,  so I will feel some sense of normality about myself, about my life.

Right now, I have no idea if I should see a doctor for my anxiety.  But according to what I read from the internet, I need to see a doctor if my anxiety is affecting my daily life.  I think it is a problem now, but the problem is if my anxiety is voiding my ability to keep up with appointments, how am I going to see a doctor to help me with my anxiety?

Am I alone in this?  I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who feels overwhelmed and anxious right now. I would like to hear how you guys deal with it and get on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment