Monday, April 9, 2018

All The Technology Doesn't Seem To Speed Up On-Hold Time At Doctors' Office

May be it's just Providence Medical Group, I recently was asked to call the office back  because my original appointment with my doctor had to be rescheduled due to reasons at their side.  Now, if you called me to call you back regarding your office's request for me to return your call or to response to your message, can you at least queue me to a dedicated line for call-backs from patients?

It's really annoying  to have to be put on-hold for such a very long time. I've been put on-hold for 20 minutes now, and I'm still being put on hold as of now.  Sorry, I'm not going to leave your voice mail my phone number because you already called me and I'm now calling you back!  I don't want to play this back and forth ping-pong game of you calling me and me calling you back just to be told that the call volume is unusually high at  this time, so I should leave you a voice mail message to start the vicious cycle  of telephone ping-pong all over again!

I still remember when I was a teen, calling a doctor's office wasn't like  this.  I wasn't questioned by stupid robots and kicked around so I could end up in an "on-hold" line where the call volume is "unusually high" at all times. I still remember the good young days when I called a doctor's office, it was a nice and friendly human nurse or receptionist who greeted me first.  This aspect of a medical practice seems to be so much worse today, even with all that fancy "IT"?  So for those politicians or doctors who think technology can improve healthcare, don't rush to sink more money and time into it before looking at it twice.

This problem is certainly not the doctor's fault.  But whose fault is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment